Thursday, August 9, 2012

Kiawah on My Mind...

There is a special place in South Carolina very near and dear to my heart (which, in case it has slipped your mind, I have been telling you about it for years!) I have been lucky enough to spend nearly 28 years visiting this slice of heaven, 30 miles south of Charleston.

This week that special place is in the spotlight as it hosts the 2012 PGA Championship... 
...and I literally cannot stop thinking about how much I want to be there 
(on the beach, but the course will do, too!)

Kiawah Island, South Carolina is the place to be for the next four days as the world's best golfers rival it out on The Ocean Course Golf Course. As the world watches golfers drive and putt their way through the links, I hope you can catch a glimpse of how beautiful the low country is and in particular this heavenly barrier island.
I'll have you know, I will be watching, drooling, near tears, pining to be there, living vicariously through my friends who are there, and day dreaming of one day having a "beach cottage" there of my own!

While the course does not lack anything to look at, it is house-free so I thought I would share just one of the many, many, many glamorous homes that are just beyond the course which you won't get to see. Let me reiterate, this is just one... I can't even begin to tell you how many beautiful homes are on the island -- especially in the Vanderhorst Plantation area closest to the golf course.

And, I should mention, this beautiful beach front Flyway Drive abode can be yours (in which case, I'm happy to be a live-in maid, cook, babysitter, house sitter, take your pick!) 

Oh, to wake up every morning and walk this perfect mile-wide beach.... one day, my friends, one day!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails