Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Perfect Ski Home

I laugh thinking about what must go through the minds of passersby when they see me on the "slopes." (And by "slopes" I mean only the beginner "hills" if you will.) 
Admittedly though - and there is one person in particular who has never heard me say this but here is it in public to the blogging world - 
I don't mind enjoying a day on the slopes, taking in the mountain air. I prefer the beach but the mountain air can be good for the soul every now and then.

  When it comes to skiing though my forte lies far more with the decor and design of the perfect ski homes than on the actual skiing. I love a mountain home that allows for fun ski gatherings, entertaining friends and family round the clock, and warmth in the form of a fireplace of course.
After all, it does take the perfect house to help entertain all of our skier friends, right? 

The Peak of Rustic Chic 
in the Sawtooth Mountains of Ketchum, Idaho
via ElleDecor




Mountain Country Retreat 
in the Adirondacks

A Barn-Style House 
in Sun Valley, Idaho
Images via HouseBeautiful
The two-story shingle house in the Wood River Valley of Idaho was inspired by a 19th-century barn in Vermont.

28-foot-high gambrel-shaped ceiling made of alder wood. A "hayloft" runs the length of the main room.

Entry Way

Informal Living Room with Americana Details

Dining Table

 Living Room

Pantry and Mudroom

Galley Kitchen

Hallway Storage
Love the wide hallways with built-ins and windows

 Master Bedroom

Master Bath


Snowshoe Mountain, West Virginia
CountryLiving's 2009 House of the Year
Obviously, I LOVE the splashes of TURQUOISE!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails